The database provides a feature that lets staff create usenamers for employers and others. This feature was designed so that a career specialist can create a username for an employer and send them an email with their sign-in information. (Employers and interns can sign up for their own usernames/passwords, but this is a feature that makes it convenient for staff to do this task for them.)
1. On the Reports/Admin menu, click on the button for "Add/Invite New Username" You can find this button toward the end of the third column.
2. On the first screen, choose an Employer, Staff or Intern account for the new person.
4. The next part of this screen has text of an email that you can send to the person. You must fill in their greeting (such as Dear Joe or Dear Mr. Woods) and you can customize the text of the email. (If you expect to do this frequently and have text that you'd like to use, you should save the text of your email in a Word document or someplace convenient and paste it here as needed.)
5. When you have finished this screen, click the button to continue.
6. On the next screen, you can decide whether to have automatic emails sent to the person or whether you want to email them yourself. There are two emails. Email 1 is the customized email that you just wrote in the previous screen. Email 2 is a generic email with the username and password.
There are several options for sending or not sending these emails, as shown below:
[ ] Yes - Send Email 1 (customized email)
[ ] No - do not send Email 1 (you will write and send your own)
[ ] Yes - Send Email 2 (password email) to the new user
[ ] Yes - Send Email 2 (password email) to the new user AND a copy to me
[ ] Yes - Send Email 2 (password email) to ME ONLY
[ ] No - do not send Email 2 (use Retrieve Password button instead)
Choose the options you want and click the button to continue. The emails will be sent within 3-5 minutes or sooner. If the new person does not get the emails and you didn't have the password sent to your email address, you can contact your regional coordinator or contact Jennifer Leonard for help retrieving the password that was created for the new user.