The database offers an IMPORT function to import data from the Microsoft Word version of the Work-Based Learning Plan into the database. This feature involves two steps - first save the data from Word into a format that can be read by the database; and then second, import the data into the database.
Microsoft Word Version: Massachusetts Work-Based Learning Plan [Word]
Go to the Reports/Admin menu and set the date range to reflect the placement start date range of the placements you'll be importing. You can also set the school, activity or other critieria and click APPLY.
Scroll down and in the third column choose the button to IMPORT WBLPs from WORD. The following instructions will appear on the screen.
PART ONE - SAVE THE DATA IN A FORMAT THAT CAN BE READ BY THE ONLINE DATABASE
- Open the completed Microsoft Word document. On the menubar, click Tools, then choose Options. In the dialog box, choose the tab for "Save." Then CHECK the option to "Save data only for forms." NOTE: Change this setting back to UNCHECKED as needed.
- On the menu bar, click on File, Save a Copy As...
- Give it a name and specify your Desktop or other convenient location.
- Click the button to Export. The data will be saved to the file with the name and location you specified, with the file extension *.txt. This file is a "comma delimited file" and contains the data you entered only, arrayed in a format that the database can read.
PART TWO - IMPORT INTO THE ONLINE DATABASE
- Click the GO button to proceed...you will be prompted to browse for and upload the file and the file will be saved to the online system.
On the next screen, you'll see a browse button that lets you browse your computer to find and upload the file.
You can then check a box to import as a NEW RECORD or you can choose a name from a dropdown list to ADD TO an existing record. The dropdown list is based on placements in the current date range (based on your reports/admin menu criteria) that do not have skills/reviews yet.
At the bottom of the screen you'll see a confirmation message.
You can import another or you can click a button to go to the full record of the WBLP that you have just imported.